Feb 7, 2009

Compulsive Hoarding Disorder: Some Case Studies

Compulsive Hoarding Disorder

One of the things I always love to do is research. I’m somewhat of a research hog, and when it came to my new interest in compulsive hoarding disorder, I realized that I had a whole new playground of research to work with. A whole new dimension is added to it when you are also personally dealing with the problem that you are researching…you can understand the experience from an entirely different angle.

Basically, in the midst of my research, I discovered that YouTube is an awesome place to look for basically any topic you want to research. I started searching for any kinds of videos about hoarding disorder, compulsive hoarding, clutter hoarding, and other related topics, and I came upon some great documentaries and videos that were pretty darn astounding. I found quite a few videos that document extreme cases of hoarding disorder, and let me tell you, I thank God that I discovered “the error of my ways” before it got to the extremes that I have witnessed in some of those videos. Here are two videos I found that I believe you will find fascinating:

Compulsive Hoarding Disorder (Part 1)

Hoarders Part 1






Compulsive Hoarding Disorder (Part 1)

Hoarders Part 2






Continue to stay tuned to Compulsive Hoarding Help for more insight into this serious and fascinating issue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Filthy pack rat people.. that smug smile on the guy in the first video says it all.. Wifey and I inherited a house that was so filled with krap, valuables thrown in with trash, we had to sort through it all, waste a year or more on yard sales, etc... I hated the narcissistic clutter jerk when he was alive and I still do... and they talk about "saving everything because it's right". The cause is lack of love in later childhood years, it has nothing to do with the economic climate they grow up in...